Paint Set, Nitro Spray - Highlight Grain
THIS PAINT KIT IS SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR OPEN PORE WOOD BODY SUCH AS ASH OR MAHOGANY.
REVEAL THE BEAUTY OF THE WOOD BY ENHANCING THE GRAIN OF YOUR GUITAR AND MAKE IT UNIQUE WITH OUR TRANSPARENT HIGHLIGHT GRAIN PAINT SET USING NITROCELLULOSE SPRAYS.
This painting set contains all you need to paint your guitar kit in translucent and enhance the beauty of ash or mahogany wood by highlighting the wood grain in black. This finishing set contains what you need to get the results shown on the picture: a translucent spray can of the color of your choice, black grain filler, a metallic brush and 1 Liter of nitrocellulose varnish. This is enough to paint both your guitar body and Neck. Still we propose various option to enhance further the beauty of your guitar kit and make sure you will get a fantastic results.
1. Sanding: Select sanding set to sand guitar body and neck until P400 grit (optional),
2. Brushing: Use the provided metallic brush to increase the grain depth
3. Grain Filler: Apply the provided black grain filler to color the grain of the wood in black
5. Clear Sealer (optional): for additional smoothness (not really needed as grain filler is enough)
4. Color Spray: Spray your guitar body and neck the way you want.
6. Varnish: use the nitrocellulose varnish to reveal further the beauty of the wood and protect your guitar.
7. Polishing (optional): Select the polishing kit to get this extra shine and mirror effect for your guitar.
When selecting your paint products, some are optionals. We have already preselected for you the optional products that are highly recommended to obtain a nice finish. We invite you to readjust at your convenience based on product description below and in particular to choose yourself the required products, such as colors and varnishes.
* Remind that Nitrocellulose is very toxic and that you will need gloves, respiratory mask as well as a place aerated (open garage close to the exterior).
* All our finishing kit has been tested by our experts.
Finishing guitar products include VAT. Free shipping for a total order >£230 for UK destinations.
From £44.96 was £49.96
To £174.47 was £197.36
1. Selecting Materials
The guitar finish materials we propose can be needed if you don’t have it already. Please look to each product individually in the Materials category to understand better the uuse of each products we propose here:
- Sanding Paper Set is definitely something you will need (if you don’t have it). During the painting of your guitar you will have to sand your wood several times to make sure to have a smooth and perfect finish.
- Copper Tape is needed to remove electromagnetic interference and make sure that your pick-up will provide a clean sound without background noise.Metallic Brush is something you will need in The Guitar Fabric process to increase the effect of the grain filled in black and therefore the contrast wit the other dye you will select
- Sample Wood can be very usefull if you purchase a guitar kit with ash or mahogany. It will be exactly the same wood so you can try your finish upfront to make sure you will have it right when doing it on your guitar body and neck.
- Metallic Brush is something you will need in The Guitar Fabric process to increase the effect of the grain filled in black and therefore the contrast wit the other dye you will select
2. Wood Preparation
- For open pore wood such as mahogany or ash, we strongly advised to use a grain filler in particular when using spray can to apply color and varnish. You can choose a colored grain filler that suits more your guitar paint project. The use of a clear sealer is less needed but we still advice ot for perfect and smooth results. It will be applied after grain filler before applying the translucent color.
- For close pore woods such as maple or bassewood, we suggest to use a clear sealer. More varnish coats instead will work as well
3. Coloring the Wood
One Nitro spray is required to paint the body in transparent:
- 1x spray of the translucent color of your choice is needed for the body
Note that you should have some paint left which you can use for the neck (headstock, etc.).
4. Varnishing Guitar Body & Neck
1 Liter of varnish is more than enough to get a good finish for both the neck and the guitar body: and ~600mL for the body.- ~600mL for the guitar body - ~400mL for the guitar neck Note that you can select matt or gloss finish. Using a brush along with sanding with different level of sanding paper will provide you excellent finish. Still you can use the rechargeable spray if you prefer for the last coats for instance to make sure to have a homogeneous and apply thin layer of varnish.
5. Polishing the Guitar Body & Neck (Optional)
To get a super high gloss, a mirror effect, a protective layer, we recommend the polishing set. Still you will get already a very good results without it but it enhance further the finish of your guitar.
Additional details can be found on each products available in the Guitar Finishing category . Also a complete user guide will be provided when requested by email.