Paint Set, Tru Oil. & Dye - Translucent Finish
REVEAL THE BEAUTY OF THE WOOD OF YOUR GUITAR AND MAKE IT UNIQUE WITH OUR TRANSPARENT PAINT SET USING TRU OIL AND DYE.
This painting set contains all you need to paint your guitar kit in translucent with 1 color by using dye and tru oil. This finishing set contains what you need to get the results shown on the picture: a bottle of dye and tru oil. This is enough to paint both your guitar body and Neck . Still we propose various option to enhance further the beauty of your guitar kit, test your finish and various tools to make sure you will get a fantastic results.
1. Sanding: Select sanding set to sand guitar body and neck until P400 grit (optional),
2. Grain Filler (optional): Apply grain filler for extra smoothness
3. Tint: Dye your guitar body and neck the way you want.
4. Sealer (optional): for additional smoothness (not really needed as grain filler is enough)
5. Varnish: use the tru oil to reveal further the beauty of the wood and protect your guitar.
6. Polishing (optional): Select the polishing kit to get this extra shine and mirror effect for your guitar.
*This paint set are alcool and water based and are therefore almost non toxic. We only advice the used of gloves. You don’t need a aerated space or respirator mask as Nitrocellulose or Polyurethane finish. All our finishing kit has been tested by our experts. Finishing guitar products include VAT. Free shipping for a total order >£230 for UK destinations.
From £23.39 was £28.49
To £129.30 was £146.58
1. Selecting Materials
The guitar finish materials we propose can be needed if you don’t have it already. Please look to each product individually in the Materials category to understand better the use of each products we propose here:
- Sanding Paper Set is definitely something you will need (if you don’t have it). During the painting of your gutiar you will have to sand your wood several times to make sure to have a smooth and perfect finish.
- Copper Tape is needed to remove electromagnetic interference and make sure that your pick-up will provide a clean sound without background noise.
- Sample Wood can be very usefull if you purchase a guitar kit with ash or mahogany. It will be exactly the same wood so you can try your finish upfront to make sure you will have it right when doing it on your guitar body and neck.
- Gloves and Brush are available if you dont have it and you want to apply the varnish with a brush and keep your hands clean.
2. Wood Preparation
- For open pore wood such as mahogany or ash, if you want to have intense dye color while making sure to have a smooth surface results when apply the varnish, we suggest to use a grain filler. With Dye we recommend a colorless grain filler such as natural one or you can choose a colored grain filler if it suits more your guitr paint project. Although not mandatory, we recommend also apply a clear sealer as well after tint your wood with the dye for a perfect smooth finish
- For close pore woods such as maple or bassewood, we suggest to use a clear sealer. More varnish coats instead will work as well
3. Coloring the Wood
- 1x dye of the color of your choice is needed to paint the body and or the neck as your convenience
Note that you will have left over of the selected dye which you can use for the neck, headstock, etc. Once dye apply you might want to apply a clear sealer. It remains optional as highlight in the Wood Preparation Section.
4. Varnishing Guitar Body & Neck
3oz (90mL) is normally enough to apply 10 to15 coats for the guitar body and the nekc and varnish it entirely. However if the pore of the wood s not filled very well or/and it is your first time painting a guitar you might want to get a 8oz bottle (240mL) to make sure you will have plenty enough to do a nice finish. The best is to apply the tr oil with a cloth the same way you will apply dye. The coats will therefore very thin which is why you need normally to put lots of coats to get a beautifull finish. You need to let it dry at least 12hrs between each coats.
5. Polishing the Guitar Body & Neck (Optional)
To get a super high gloss, a mirror effect, a protective layer and avoid slightly dull finish, we recommend the polishing set. Still you will get already a very good results without it but it will bring your guitar paint to the next level.
Additional details can be found on each products available in the Guitar Finishing category . Also a complete user guide will be provided when requested by email.